Monday, March 17, 2014

A Beauty So Rare signing at Belmont Mansion in Nashville, TN

Thanks to everyone who came to the book signing Sunday, March 16 at Belmont Mansion in Nashville. Over 500 people came through Adelicia's front door for the "free day" at the mansion––and to celebrate Adelicia's birthday first and foremost, of course! 

I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with so many of you, and signing your books, too. Which was such a joy to know you're taking yet another "journey" with me as you read. Thank you for coming, and for reading! I especially hope you enjoy A Beauty So Rare.



So exciting! I finally got to meet Connor DaCosta, such a handsome little man. Catherine and Erik, bless you for getting out a rainy Sunday afternoon to come by. Your son is so precious! 



Jeanne (Alfveby Crea), what a total joy to finally get to meet and hug! Thank you for lugging all of your "Tamera" books from Minnesota to Nashville. I was honored to sign each one! Blessings on your week in ATL and hope you enjoy my hometown. Much love, friend. P.S. LOVING my scarf, and my book! 


Last week I had the opportunity to Skype with a group of great gals in Newnan, GA. Well, this sweet lady is a sister to one of those women, so she stopped by "on order of her sister" to visit yesterday. Ha! Was fun.



This pretty little gal, Corinne, is the great-great-great-great granddaughter of Adelicia Acklen's sister Corinne! I felt like I was in the presence of royalty! Bless you Corinne (and to your mom and grandmother) for coming by.



What a joy to meet you, April (Simpkins). You radiate warmth and welcome, friend. April and I had a chance to talk, and I learned that she's President of the Scleroderma Foundation. Scleroderma (or "hard skin") is a disease that forms excess collagen, resulting in hardening of the skin tissue, and in its systematic form, hardened organ tissues (esophagus, lungs, kidneys, and heart). Some symptoms are tightened skin, joint pain, vascular-circulation problems, fatigue, acid reflux and shortness of breath. 

If you struggle with Scleroderma or know someone who does, I encourage you to contact April at www.scleroderma.org/chapter/tn for more information on ways to help those you love who suffer from this disease, or simply to learn more about it. April, bless you, friend, and thank you for visiting!



Such a treat meeting you yesterday, Lucilla (Hodges)! I hope you enjoy your time in Florida this week, sweet friend. You look marvelous in that color, btw! I hope A Beauty So Rare proves to be an enjoyable vacation read! 



Happy Birthday, Adelcia Acklen, the woman who built the Belmont Mansion in 1853 and who is a character in all of the Belmont Mansion novels (A Lasting Impression, A Beauty So Rare, and the third Belmont novel I'll write later this fall).


Just before leaving yesterday, I ducked into the central parlor (that's being renovated this year!) and got to meet this adorable docent Natalie! Natalie's mom reads all my books, Natalie said. So sweet. Natalie is one of the many oh-so-talented and knowledgeable docents that provide tours at the Belmont Mansion

And don't forget, if you've read the Belmont Mansions novels and you want a "novel tour" that gives you additional "reader insights" into the various rooms and what scenes from the book happened in which rooms, etc.., be sure to ask for that when you schedule your visit. The Belle Meade Plantation offers the same type of tour if you've read To Whisper Her Name, the first of three Belle Meade Plantation novels.


I have more book signings and speaking engagements coming up. So check my website often (as we're adding events as they're confirmed) to see if one of them is near you!

I hope our paths cross soon, friend, and thank you reading.

Tamera
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...