Monday, November 24, 2014

A $20 bill straight from heaven

Ever had one of those moments when the veil between this world and the next seems to lift ever so slightly, and you feel a "hug" from the other side? 

That happened to me recently. And with a $20 bill, of all things. 

I was out running errands. Nothing huge, just Target, then Costco, then grabbed an Ice Dream cone from Chick-fil-A (an errand staple, of course), then ran by the bank, all while missing Mom. I was thinking about how she worked in a bank for so many years, and how we used to laugh and have such fun together while shopping and running around town. Then... 

As I was counting my money, I noticed a twenty dollar bill that looked distinct from the others. Different print. And it was older. I looked at the date on the bill and teared up. 1934. The year Mom was born. 



Don't you love it when God gives you those special moments? When the Creator of time and space and everything that exists cares enough to reach down into the routine day of a saved sinner and let her know that he hears, he sees...everything. 

When was your last "hug moment" from the Lord?

Blessings on your day, friends, 

Tammy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...