Saturday, June 16, 2007

Pictures from the past

Took me a while to get these pictures off my phone (operator error), but here they are.

These are from the walk that my husband and I took the other night to the graveyard just over the hill from where we're living now. Again, the graves are dated in the 1830s - 1850s.














The cemetery is set apart and fenced in, and is
surrounded by beautiful pastureland.

There are several graves of children, as I mentioned in a previous post. So sad to see how briefly these children lived (most only months).




The sunset that night was gorgeous. I hope this picture captured a bit of the beauty. I'm heading back up there soon and will take my journal with me for some quiet 'writer time'.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool photos! Can't wait to read the novel they inspire! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the Rocky Mountains are just as lovely without the humidity...
    Miss you!
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb, I've already got stories coming to mind. I'm making notes and tucking them away. And yes, Suzi, you're right...those Rockies are beautiful and don't have the humidity! LOL! It's a tradeoff here in the South--you don't get wrinkles as quickly but you have flat hair. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...