Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2007 International Christian Retail Show

The International Christian Retail Show, held in Atlanta this year (my old stomping ground), is an annual event where publishers/exhibitors meet with booksellers/store owners to exchange ideas and show off the newest wares in the Christian retail industry.

The exhibit floor is HUGE and the items you'll find are endless. Books of every sort, of course, as well as pictures, cards, electronic Bibles, curriculum, necklaces and clothing, and far more! It was fun to walk the floor and meet old friends in the aisles while enjoying some delicious Southern style candied pecans!

I signed copies of
Remembered, Book 3 in
Fountain Creek Chronicles, on Monday and had such fun! It was great to meet the booksellers and readers and to thank them in person for all they do to spread the word about Inspirational fiction.

Below are more pictures from the booksigning.



Pictured right:
Me signing books with Charlene, one of my wonderful editors at Bethany House.






Pictured below:
Some of the historical authors at Bethany House.
Second row (L to R):
Kim Vogel Sawyer, Tracie Peterson, Cathy Marie Hake
First row (L to R):
Me and the sweet Judy Miller



Pictured below:
Me with Charlene (editor) at the Baker Dinner on Sunday night.












Pictured below:
Me with Marietta, a wonderful woman I had the pleasure of sitting with at the Baker Dinner on Sunday evening. Her husband, Ted, is a book rep and a total hoot! We laughed and had such a nice evening.

















Pictured below:
Me with Linda White, my publicist at Bethany House. (Linda and I attended a Media Workshop on Sunday where I "pitched" my story on how I came to write Christian fiction to TV and Radio Show producers. I gained some great tips from the Media Workshop and made some hopeful contacts with the media personnel present.)









Pictured below:
And finally, here's me and author Deborah Raney, a dear friend and my writing critique partner. Deb was voted (by my daughter, no less!) as the "Most Well Put Together Woman". Sheesh, what's a mom got to do to around here to get some loving daughter recognition! ;)





















I'll post a few more pictures tomorrow. But for now, I need to get to work on this next book.

Speaking of which...we have a title for book 1 in the next series.....From a Distance, part of the Timber Ridge Reflections historical series. From a Distance will be available next May/June. Now...off to get words on the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...