Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy 4th!

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. I'm especially looking forward to this year's fireworks. It's always fun to gather with family and friends, and this year we'll be sharing the experience with some new friends at Belmont University.

Then the next morning I leave bright and early to travel to Atlanta to attend the International Christian Retailer's Show (ICRS). More information can be found on ICRS here. I'm attending a Media Workshop on Sunday (courtesy of my publisher), which I'm excited about. I've thrown my name in the hat for a possible 'quick makeover' by an image consultant--which I think could be both fun, while also holding the opportunity for extreme and lasting humiliation. Does it really matter that I've basically had the same hairstyle for the past 20 years? I think not...

Switching gears... If you or someone you know enjoys military thrillers, then you need to check out Chuck Holton's latest--Island Inferno.

As the global war on terror heats up, the U.S. deploys a team of highly trained special operators overseas to locate and neutralize threats, bringing EOD expertise to dangerous missions that have no room for error. A DEADLY EXPLOSION! A new specialty explosive is on the black market: ITEB looks like water, but when it's exposed to air, the effects are lethal!

That's just a taste of what Island Inferno holds!

A bit about the author:
Chuck served four years in the Elite 75th Ranger Regiment–the same unit profiled in the movie “Black Hawk Down.” Chuck saw combat in Panama in 1989. After leaving active duty, Chuck flew helicopters in the Wisconsin National Guard while attending the University of Wisconsin.In 2004, after ten years as a stockbroker, Chuck left that profession to pursue full-time writing.


Happy and safe holiday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tamera! I have just finished Remembered - what a beautiful story! I will review it soon on my blog but had to let you know how much I enjoyed it :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...