Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roses (and Krispy Kremes)

I was just headed out this morning for a quick run to the bank when my doorbell rang. It was FedEx and they were bringing roses! Gorgeous petite roses from my publisher!




Included was a very nice congratulatory note on winning the RITA. I'm thankful to be partnered with Bethany House and so appreciate their support.

Now I'm back from errands (which Jack accompanied me on), and a quick detour by Krispy Kreme. I know, I know, but the "Hot" light lit up as I was sitting at the red light and I figured it was a sign from heaven, so we backed up and wheeled on in there.

Now I'm home and diving into writing. I've quickly grown to love these characters in From a Distance and they're already surprising me with some past connections that I didn't see coming.

Writing fiction is a journey for me. I know bits and pieces of the story before I begin and then, as the characters grow and the plot thickens (as they say), I love seeing how themes emerge from the struggles and the conflict. Sometimes, admittedly, I'm scared to death because I can't see what's coming. I'd love to be able to plot an entire book out before I write, but that's just not "me."

Time to get to work! And if you're out and about and happen to see a "Hot" light come on at a Krispy Kreme near you, go ahead...indulge. Just one isn't going to kill ya! ;) And check out their new TV ad campaign when you have a minute. Pretty cute, and my idea of a "hottie"!

6 comments:

  1. I can't plot a whole book out either. The journey to the end is half the fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth. It's half fun for me but also scary as all get out sometimes! ;) BTW, Terri Blackstock is one of my favs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the second book "Revealed" and wanted to let you know I lovved it. I have the third but I cant read it yet due to summer school studying and paper writing the rest of this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that encouraging word, Brittanie, and so glad you enjoyed Revealed. You're right to get that studying done, girl! I'd love to hear from you after you've read Remembered. Meanwhile, I'm praying for your summer school, Tamera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I loved looking through your blog tonight:-) And meeting you at RWA. I thought it was funny that you went to Krispy Kreme because I did the same thing last Sunday. Wheeled through in Spokane because we no longer have one in Missoula. I explained it away because I had 3 teenage basketball players that needed the carbs, lol. Looking forward to reading your books,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Angie, and thank you (again) for spending time with us following the RITA awards. Was wonderful to meet you. Still can't believe you have children that old! Wish I could raise another Krispy Kreme in a salute to you, but alas, I've eaten them all... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...