Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Septic Tanks and Hawaiian Breezes

We're currently having our yard landscaped (the lawn seeded and some plants put in), and I got a call today as I ran errands (getting ready to go on vacation soon). The call went something like this... "I'm sorry, Mrs. Alexander, but...your septic tank just caved in."

I promptly put the cute little sandals I was looking at back on the shelf--as they'd lost their appeal--and headed home. To find, just as he'd said, the septic tank had caved in (not pretty, and all due to driving a skid loader a skosh too close to the septic cap). Could happen to anyone. No lasting harm done but oh...yuck! What a mess.


And bless the workers' hearts--they had to work around it! So the brief three to four day backyard project has slowed somewhat but it's still going to be lovely once everything is fixed, planted, and put in its proper place! The landscapers are doing a wonderful job and I'll post pics as soon as it's all finished (and when raw sewage is no longer the focal point)! :)

On a happier note, we celebrated our son's 19th birthday this past Saturday (a few days early) with 26 of his closest friends from college. Was such fun and what great kids! I tell ya, the future always looks bright when I'm around these young people.

This is me with Julie (aka: Austin's mom, LOL). She and her husband, Ted, were visiting from Texas, so they braved the houseful of college kids and joined us for dinner. We had a wonderful time getting to know them.

I'll soon be putting septic tanks behind me as I'm heading to Hawaii with my hubby for a few precious days of rest and relaxation. And who knows...maybe even a new plot or two. Although I'd settle for just getting rid of these bags beneath my eyes! Aloha!

6 comments:

  1. Tamara,
    I love coming to visit on your blog! You always share something that is REAL, and loving your children and husband like you do is so wonderful! No wonder your fiction rings with reality!

    Septic tanks aren't much fun when they get dysfunctional, but Hawaii will make you forget all about that I'm sure!! Enjoy the trip!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamera! Sorry about your septic tank troubles, but how WONDERFUL you're going to Hawaii!! Have you ever been? My Mom and I went many years ago (I was a teen) to visit relatives there...just gorgeous!!~ What fun having all those kiddos at your house! Looks familiar...I LOVE having my kiddos' friends over for birthdays, etc.! Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous time in Hawaii! So sorry to hear about the septic troubles--ugh! Glad to see your celebration photos! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Septic - yuck!

    Hawaii - ahh! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tamera,

    How exciting that you are going to Hawaii! My husband and I have been there twice and can't wait to go back.

    ps: Just finished "Remembered". It was my favorite of the three.

    Can't wait for the new book.

    Blessings,
    Yannette in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. We had sewer "issues" recently as well.

    The sewer ended up smelling sweet, though. New bedroom carpeting, paint, etc. AND new landscaping.

    Gotta find the diamond in the rain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...