Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Off to Orlando and ICRS

It's that time of year again, and I can hardly believe it! I leave Thursday for Orlando for a writer's retreat and then the International Christian Retail Show (ICRS).

What is ICRS you may ask? Good question!

Taken from CBA's own website, here's a snippet of just "who" CBA is. You can find more information about the show on their site too.


Who Is CBA?
CBA is the trade association for the Christian Retail Channel, serving the interests and meeting the needs of more than 1,800 member Christian stores including independents, regional and national chains, church-owned stores, franchises, and marketing groups. These stores provide Bibles, Christian books, curriculum, apparel, music, videos, gifts, greeting cards, children's resources, and other materials.
CBA and their member stores also work with more than 500 associate-member book publishers, record companies, gift companies, and other product suppliers. Along with the Christian Trade Association International, CBA also serves the meeting and information needs of more than 1,000 Christian stores and suppliers in over 50 countries around the world.

This organization, along with tons of publishers and authors, will converge on the Orange County Convention Center for the annual show next week. Prior to ICRS, the Christy Awards Dinner will be held on Saturday,July 12th.


You may remember that Deborah Raney, DiAnn Mills and I are finalists in the Romance category for the Christy Award. I'm honored to be listed alongside these ladies. I sat at their feet for years and soaked up their wisdom, so the only reason I'm even named among them now is due to their kindness in teaching me. I already feel like a "winner" just seeing my name in the same company as theirs. Deb and DiAnn, I'm looking forward to hugging you both!

Check out the entire finalist list to see the other category finalists.
It promises to be a fun night, and I'll be sure and post the winners this weekend, along with lots of pictures, of course!

3 comments:

  1. Have a safe, wonderful trip, Tamera, and congratulations AGAIN on being a Christy Finalist!! :)
    Blessings,
    Patti from Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patti! ;) Should be a fun weekend. I'll be working on edits to The Inheritance while I'm away (or have the best intentions of doing that). MUST get those done so I can dive back into Beyond This Moment. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous, Tamera! Can't wait to hear all about the weekend, and hope it's a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...