Friday, September 26, 2008

If I Am What I Eat, Does That Make Me a Donut?

That's the title of a chapter in Mary Byers' delightful new book, The S.O.S. for PMS.

Here's a peek at the book:
Have you noticed changes in your positive attitude every month? Do you become short-tempered and more demanding? Are you worried that your shifting emotions negatively affect your children?

For years Mary Byers struggled with dramatic mood swings and other confusing symptoms. When she finally realized a pattern, understanding came: PMS.

In The S.O.S. for PMS, Practical Help and Relief for Moms, author Mary Byers offers hope, help, and relief as she shares what she's researched, discovered and tested. Along with plenty of encouragement, you'll find:

  • specific symptoms and their causes
  • foods and activities to avoid or indulge in to minimize PMS
  • ways to ease the PMS impact on your kids
  • how to enlist help from your husband and friends when PMS strikes (without ripping off their heads)
Mary Byers is a professional speaker and writer whose passion for transforming lives is evident in every project she takes on. In her first book with Harvest House Publishers, The Mother Load: How to Meet Your Own Needs While Caring for Your Family, Byers teaches women how to take care of themselves so that they can nurture a happy, healthy family. 

The mother of two lively children, she offers down-to-earth suggestions, spiritual truths, and real-life advice on how to juggle family responsibilities while creating a balanced life through supportive friendships, stress-relieving laughter, regular exercise, rejuvenating solitude, and an intimate relationship with the Lord. Byers and her husband, Stuart, reside in Illinois with their two children. To learn more about Mary visit her website.

To read an excerpt, go here.

To enter to win the copy of this book:


Please leave a comment on this blog post, giving your name and saying you’d like to enter. Due to mailing costs, we only ship to U.S. addresses (sorry, international friends). Please leave a working email address or website where we can contact you (use this format with the brackets—you [at] yourmail.com—or something similar to prevent spamming). It’s the winner’s responsibility to check back and confirm whether they’ve won. Name of winners will be posted on this blog. We’ll choose one name on Monday, October 13. Also, you can always leave a comment and not enter (just note that in your comment).

6 comments:

  1. Well, if I won, I'd pass it along to my sister who could really use this book! :)

    Glad I found your blog, Tammy! I was in your session at ACFW and loved it!

    Courtney

    oh, my email is courtneyrwlash at gmail dot com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have used this book last week...I'm sure everyone around me wanted to shoot me and put me out of their misery! I'd love to win this book!

    By the way, I just finished From a Distance. I LOVE your books. My best friend told me I needed to read Rekindled several months ago and I've been hooked on your books ever since! Boy, that sounds like a star-sruck fan if I've ever heard one. Sorry 'bout that. : )

    My email is soheathahleecanblog at yahoo dot com.

    Or, you can go to my blog, Butterfly Genes and find me through my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I won a copy of the book, I would donate it to the library so that everyone could enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, forgot my email...cindythelibrarian@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, your name was drawn from the hat. Congrats!

    Thanks, ladies, for entering and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamera,
    Just wanted to take a minute to thank you for featuring The S.O.S. for PMS on your blog. I hope women will find hope, help and healing as a result of reading the book and appreciate your help in getting the word out.

    Blessings!
    Mary Byers
    Author, The S.O.S. for PMS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...