Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall in Franklin

It's a beautiful fall day here in Franklin, TN and I'm outside writing on our back patio. I snapped a quick pic to share, and um...you'll get a glimpse of my every day "work wardrobe." LOL! None too glamorous but hey, it's comfy.

Jack is always close by me, and this morning was no exception. He's been driving me nuts with his Kong. He comes and drops it--over and over and over--by my feet. 

So this pic (below) was my view earlier before we finally headed outside (where he goes exploring in the yard and forgets I even exist, so I can write in peace).


I've still got a lot of writing to do today, so I'll just leave you with a quick thought. It's something my son and I were texting about last night (love you, Kurt!), and that reminded me, again, to be a woman of my word. Something, sadly, I've not always been. 

I reminded him to listen to what a person does, not what they say, to hear (and see) who they truly are. Actions really do speak louder than words in regard to character.

Do I ever make a promise with intentions of breaking it? No. But when I don't keep a promise, in the end--regardless of the circumstances that brought me to that point--I have not kept my word. So, I make promises less often these days and am far more selective when I do. I want to be a woman of my word. I want my walk to match my talk.

Wherever you are, I hope you, too, are enjoying a beautiful fall day!

5 comments:

  1. I have learned to make doubly sure I can follow through on something before I make a promise to my 8 year old son. I have had to do some major apologizing in the past for speaking before thinking!

    And you look quite glamorous in your casual wear! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamera! I'm trusting that your cold and sore throat are gone? (hopefully!). ~ Precious pictures (of you AND Jack!) - - we had a lovely Fall day here in Georgia too. ~ Excellent message and so true about actions speaking louder than words in regard to character. I think those of us with children are especially reminded of that at times. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Patti Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Heathahlee, so true about keeping it real with our kids. They'll catch us every time. And glad you like my glam wear. ;)

    Hey Patti Jo! YES! I should have mentioned that. I'm MUCH better. Thanks! Almost over whatever this was, and I'm loving this time of year. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better, Tamera! And I agree--it's so humbling to be reminded by my kids that I haven't kept my word. Thanks for the reminder to let my yes be yes and my no be no!

    And thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We moved from TN to Louisiana 2-1/2 years ago. I've been very happy and content here, but seeing your picture today made me very homesick. :) I thought I *was* at "home" but I just realized I miss my "country life in the hills" very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...