Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Your thoughts and prayers

Your thoughts and prayers for my mom's health and for our family mean so much to me. Thank you for your comments both here on this blog and the personal notes you've sent in recent days. You guys are the best! A quick update, but first...

My parents visited the International Christian Retail Show in Orlando last summer, and this picture was snapped before my book signing at the Baker/Bethany House Booth. We had a great time together and they really enjoyed meeting the booksellers and my writing buddies.

Now for that update...

My parents met with the doctors today and mom's going to undergo more surgery in coming weeks to determine the extent of the cancer, and the exact condition of her liver. So, for a while....we wait. Not an easy thing to do but we're resting and trusting in the truth that God is sovereign and that His will is good and perfect. Whatever His will may be.

I'll share more in coming weeks as we learn something and would ask that you please continue your prayers. They're powerful and effective, and are so appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. Tamera,
    My prayers are with your mother, you and your family and the doctors. I pray that God will give the doctors His wisdom and direction. Please know that there are many including me, upholding your hands.
    In His Grace and Love,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this update, Tammy. LOVE that picture of you and your folks! Precious! :) I am (and will continue) lifting up your Mom in prayer everyday, and as you certainly know--our Lord will be with you all every step of the way. Sending HUGS to you and your parents~ Love, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tamera,

    I'm sorry to hear of your mother's ill health and I pray that God gives your family added strength and comfort in the weeks ahead.

    Congratulations on the last book & all the best in future writings.

    Sincerely,
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica, Patti Jo and Lilly....thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Means more than you know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A girlfriend of mine just suggested that I start reading your fiction books as she knows I'll enjoy them. I decided to search you out on the 'net' and I'm feeling like I need to race out and look for one of your books :)

    Just wanted to say that I'll be praying for your family. This hits a close cord right now as my Dad has just been diagnosed with cancer in his bladder and he will have surgery a week tomorrow. We will find out at that time the extent of his cancer. Trusting that all will go well with your Mom as well.

    Nice to "meet" you,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy,

    Just caught up with your blog and wanted to let you know again that our prayers are with you & your family right now. Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyful, bless you for those prayers and I'm remembering your sweet dad too. How is he doing following his surgery?

    Hugs, Debbie, and thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...