Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Flat tires and clipping nails


I'm currently sitting in Moody's Tire in Franklin waiting for a new tire to be put on my husband's car. His left front tire blew this morning on the way to work so he limped back home on the "donut" and we traded vehicles for the day. I needed to run some errands this morning anyway...

But really now...what is it with men who clip their nails in public? And then let the remnants just fall to the floor? I truly don't think a woman would ever do that. Would we? Reminds me of an Everybody Loves Raymond episode. So funny... Except that one of those "remnants" just went flyin' and nearly landed on my laptop! Okay, there are definite limits to my sweetness (just ask my family).


I recently splurged big time and bought the Beth Moore updated DVD study series A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place, and began watching it last night. Oh. My. Goodness. God certainly knew I needed this study at this particular point in my life. I started weeping on the elliptical, then was boohooing by the time I got on the treadmill. But it was a cleansing cry.

I know you know what I mean.

Beth started reading the scriptures in Exodus, setting up the study and explaining the premise, the tabernacle, and linking the instructions God gave the Hebrews in Exodus to the final words about the tabernacle in Revelation 21, and I was overwhelmed at how thorough and perfect and magnificent our gracious God truly is. 

How could I ever not trust Him? Trust His hand in my life, and in my family's life. In my mother's life.

Mom and dad came this weekend along with my brother and his sweet family, and we had sucha wonderful time. Here are some quick pics we snapped yesterday morning before mom and dad hit the road.

Mom's doing okay. To look at her above you probably wouldn't even realize she's so sick. She's getting stronger every day (recovering from recent gallbladder surgery), but she tires easily. In about two weeks, she faces another surgery that will reveal the road ahead of us. I'll keep you updated as to what the doctors find and, in the meanwhile, we appreciate those prayers. 

My parents don't own a computer. I've offered to buy them a laptop and they just smile and shake their heads--a look I got a lot growing up. So while they were here I shared this blog with them and the precious comments you guys have made regarding mom's recent cancer diagnosis (I also shared some of your private notes to me where you say you're praying for her). They were both so touched and amazed at how many people across the country are petitioning God for her healing. So thank you, friends, for that special time.

Now, the car's about ready. I see them pulling it up out front. I think I'll stop by Panera Bread on the way home and grab a latte--and clip my nails. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...