Thursday, March 26, 2009

A peek at Within My Heart

Several readers have emailed recently asking about the characters in the next Timber Ridge Reflections novel. More on that below, but first, here's a peek at the cover of the third novel in that series, Within My Heart, that I'm currently writing...


The cover features Rachel Boyd, the heroine in Within My Heart. We first meet Rachel in From a Distance, then again in Beyond This Moment. Her character intrigued me from the very beginning so she "staked her claim" for Within My Heart early on. I hope you enjoy her story.  

And the answer is a big "YES" to those who have asked if we'll see more of the characters from Timber Ridge in this next book. Absolutely. And we'll also be seeing much more of Dr. Rand Brookston. ;)

A quick update on my mom--
Thanks for your kind comments both on this blog and on Writes of Passage regarding the last post on her progress. Mom's doing amazingly well today and has really turned a corner in her healing. She had her first real food in a week this morning. Granted, it was clear liquid but she still said it tasted delicious. It was so good to see her eat. She appreciates your prayers for her and our family. And so do I. Bless you, guys!

Now, off to do Wii Fit. My favorites are the Advanced Step and the Hula Hoop!

12 comments:

  1. The cover is beautiful, Tammy!

    So glad your mom is doing better. She's been in my prayers these last few days and will continue to be. You too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I am SO EXCITED book 3 is going to feature the doctor!! That just makes my day. :) And I love the cover...the whole series is just gorgeous!

    Glad your mom is continuing to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cover, Tammy! Looking forward to Book 3. ~ SO THANKFUL to hear your precious Mom is doing better...I've been lifting her up in prayer everyday, and will continue. Am also praying for you and all your family (especially your Dad). ~ I'm sure you must be exhausted, so rest when you can (easier said than done, I know-LOL). Sending hugs, Patti Jo :)
    P.S. Did you bring Jack to Georgia with you? Was wondering how he's doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping you'd continue Rachel's story! This REALLY is something to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, thanks so much! I love that cover, too, it's absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover and the series is such a delight.

    That's great news about your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, friends, have made my evening! I'm back after a long weekend at the hospital and just read the notes you left. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm about the cover of WMH and about the coming story. So kind of you...

    Now, off to get a little something written before crashing again. Mom's scheduled to come home tomorrow, or perhaps Tuesday. But we're hoping for tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah Gilmer4/01/2009 7:35 AM

    Tamera, I can't wait to get back into this series again. I read book 1 of the Timber Ridge Series and absolutely loved it. I just bought the second book, as well as, The Inheritance, to read on my flight to Forks, WA. You can probably guess why I'm flying to Forks, judging by your current reading list : ) I'm a 30 year old mom with two little girls and I'm addicted to Twilight! How silly! But just wanted to say thanks for writing such inspirational books, Tamera. I thoroughly enjoyed the Fountain Creek Chronicles and I know I'll enjoy everything that you write.

    We'll keep your mom in our prayers, as well as the rest of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sarah! My daughter and I are officially jealous! And she wants to know if you'll temporarily adopt her so she can go to Forks with you. :) Please let me know how your trip goes. I'd love to hear all about it, what you see, your experiences, etc...

    Thanks for those continued prayers for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah Gilmer4/08/2009 9:18 AM

    Absolutely! I would love to adopt your daughter to take on the trip : ) The more the merrier, I say!

    We're leaving on May 4th, so I'll post a little update when I get back. Can I bring you guys back any souveniers??

    Just say a little prayer for me. I'm flying (which I absolutely hate to do!)from Orlando all the way to Seatle. I'm hoping to stay very busy reading your books to keep my mind off of flying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is different...all your other covers have your heroines looking away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, my daughter and I will be thinking of you and your girls on May 4th! and praying for your flight. And the only souvenir Kelsey wants is Edward. :)

    Yep, Anon, you're right. This cover is slightly different. The heroine is still looking away somewhat, but you can see her eyes this time.

    In FAD, the heroine is looking down. In BTM, she's looking left. And in WMH, she's looking right. Kudos to the art department at BHP for a nice balance in the series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...