Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Waitin' On a Woman

My daughter and I went to see Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, and Darius Rucker in concert together Saturday night and had such a fun time. I just love that girl so much, and it's nearly impossible to believe she graduates from college this May. Where did all the years go?

I enjoy country music, among many genres, and part of the reason is that country music tells stories. And of course, I love story. One of my favorite songs of the night was Waitin' on a Woman.

More on that in a second...

But first, I want to share what happened during a quiet moment of worship this weekend at church. While others were still singing, I closed my eyes and---anticipating leaving for Atlanta this week to be with my parents during mom's surgery on Thursday---I asked God that when the surgeon opened mom up, that the surgeon would find no cancer. Not a single abnormal cell of it. I know God can do that if He wills. With a thought, He can heal. I have no doubt. Then another prayer quickly followed on the heels of that one... Father, would you give us the strength to not just accept what's coming on Thursday, but to have the faith to give You praise no matter what the news is?

I was crying, of course. The music ended and we all sat down. I dabbed my eyes and reached for my glasses. Then heard the Lover of my soul echo my prayer right back to me in the words of the minister. Lloyd opened his message by saying (and I quote), "Are you praying for a miracle this morning? Or...are you praying for an immovable faith?"

I just sat there, stunned. And of course started crying all over again. LOL. But truly, I believe God was "answering" my prayer, in a sense. Not a promise of healing or of "great news" that we'll get on Thursday, but also not "A word of warning:batten down the hatches, a storm is coming." But rather, He just whispered back, "I'm here. I'm listening. I'm in control, and I'm holding your mom. And it's gonna be ok."

Thanks so much for your prayers for my mom, June. I'll keep in touch in regard to what comes. But whatever that is (say it with me...), igbok.

Now, back to Waitin' on a Woman. The first time I heard the song, I ran home and downloaded it. Then couldn't wait to watch the music video. If you've not seen it, take two minutes and enjoy it. Just click on the title of the song (the picture is one we took at the concert of the huge screen on the stage), and you'll be able to watch the music video. Love that Andy Griffith!



BTW, I love how so many of you have written saying you've gotten your own igbok bumper sticker. Cool! It's not too late. You can get yours here.

6 comments:

  1. Amen, Tamera! Joining you in your prayers for your mom.

    Glad you enjoyed the concert - some other friends of mine went as well and they thought it was fantastic! I love Brad Paisley & Dierks Bentley, but I'm waiting for Keith Urban to come to town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good! Thank you for sharing, Tamera! Praying for the best!
    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post.

    So many people camp on God's performance of something. Your faith in knowing that His presence will see you through whatever the outcome is a beautiful example of faith in Who God is, not what He does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl. Sounds like you had an amazing time at the concert! I heart Dierks Bentley!! I am still holding your mom up in prayer and claiming the victory. :) Love you lots. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to come back to listen to the song. I LOVE that! Thank you for sharing! Blessings,Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you, friends, for your comments. So encouraging. I'm in the hospital now with mom so this is short, but know you're loved and appreciated.

    And here I sit (laughing at the unexpected irony) waitin' on a woman. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...