Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sailing along

Just checking in...

I’m on vacation with my family and we’re having a completely marvelous time. Last summer we booked a cruise for our entire family (including my parents and my brother and his family), but with mom’s cancer diagnosis and subsequent surgeries we weren’t sure it would come through. But the doctors delayed her chemo for two weeks and we set sail this past Sunday from Port Canaveral.

Right this minute we’re leaving the port of Labadee, Haiti after a day of parasailing and (sweaty hot) fun in the sun. I went parasailing with our son, and he and I had a blast…


Then my husband and our daughter took off…

And they had fun for about 20 seconds until the boat malfunctioned and they ended up going para-dunking instead! Once I knew they were okay I start snapping pics of the rescue. :) 

Here are a couple more pics. One of me and mom on the ship, then another of mom and dad outside the dining room. The pics are small but try clicking on them to make them larger (sometimes that works).



 

 

 


I just finished exercising (too much fabulous food on this ship) and I’m off to clean up and get ready for dinner and more fun family time. Tomorrow we go zip lining through the jungles of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This is such a beautiful part of God's creation. I'm counting my blessings to be here experiencing it and to be sharing this time with my family. More pics next week once we return home...

Blessings on your week!

2 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely family- it's great to see families out there who love to spend time together! Have a GREAT vacation(but from the pictures I think you already are:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Casey! We had a great time together. I'm so incredibly grateful for my family...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...