Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting my land legs


It's back to reality and I must say, it's nice to be home.

The cruise was wonderful! Full of great family time, lots of laughs and treasured conversations on balconies and decks, moments of relaxation squeezed in among para-sailing (and para-dunking), eating, zip-lining, more eating, swimming with dolphins, still more eating, and other activities on the ship--including the life jacket drill (right) before we set sail.

Some quick pics:
One of Joe and me, one of our kids, one with my sweet dad, then the entire family--my parents, my older brother and his wife and their two boys, and sweet Alli Schisler (Kelsey's best friend from high school who accompanied us as Kelsey's "graduation present." What a doll Alli is). [The group pic was taken on one of the two "formal dining nights" before which I apparently missed the wear black memo.]










I'm busy catching up on life and laundry and am grateful for meds (outcome of my trip to the doctor yesterday) as I brought home a sore throat and cold with me--one souvenir I could have done without. But ah well...this too shall pass.

Mom starts her chemo this Thursday so we appreciate your continued prayers for her as we begin walking this road. She and dad and I sat on their balcony one night last week and tried to remember each of dad's birthdays (he turned 77 last Thursday while on the cruise), and it was amazing how few we could recall with clarity. So much of life becomes a blur with time and age. :)

But there are moments that stand out from all the others, and one of those for me was last week as Joe and I watched the sun set over Miami. Can you see the buildings in the orb of the sun?

Breathtaking! But this particular view only lasted for a handful of seconds, and it reminded me again of how brief this life is, and of James 4:14--

How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.

The longer I live and the closer I get to my forever home, I find comfort in knowing how truly brief our lives are here when compared to eternity. So here's to filling my (our) remaining days with as many memorable moments as possible, and to making them all a glory to Him.

7 comments:

  1. Great pics! (Except the one of the whole family that sorta disappeared and shrank into nothing! LOL) Sounds like a blast, and I'm so glad you had the time with your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Tammy! Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip. I know that you have mountains of laundry to do, so I better talk to ya later!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda and Veronica! Yep, it's back to laundry and to writing Within My Heart. I've missed these characters in recent days and am grateful to be back into the routine. Grabbing my Diet DP and headed out to the deck to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you a pic from my phone yesterday...did you get it? Your book was on display for the whole world to see...and I bubbled with glee...cuz I knew the author...and she is my friend! :) I hope you got the pic!
    Hugs,
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Suz! No pic on my iPhone yet. :( But looking forward to seeing all you gals in CO soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the update, Tamera! What terrific photos to commemorate some special times with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to enjoy this time with your mom, dad and rest of the family. Precious memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...