Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back from ICRS

As of late last night, I'm back from a writers retreat and from ICRS. And though the past week was a blast, it's also great to be home again.

Word traveled fast about the Christy Awards this past Saturday night, and I returned to my hotel room that evening to find tons of emails and Facebook posts from many of you. Thank you so much for celebrating with me on From a Distance receiving the 2009 Christy Award for Best Historical Romance. It was a humbling honor and one for which I'm most grateful.

The other two finalists in the Historical Romance category were Calico Canyon by Mary Connealy and Moon Over the Mango Tree by Pamela Ewen. I've read both of these books and loved them! They're excellent! Which made being listed alongside Mary and Pamela even more of an honor.

I'd love to share some snippets of this past week with you...

Brandilyn Collins and her daughter Amberly signing copies of their new book at the Zondervan booth at ICRS

Michael Hauge, Hollywood Screenwriter and excellent teacher, sharing his wisdom (in an oftentimes sarcastic but always hysterical manner) at a writers retreat I attended before ICRS. Fabulous! If you're a writer and want to hone your craft, check out Michael's The Hero's Two Journeys.

Me with one of my Bethany House editors, Charlene Patterson.

Me with Albert de Vos, a Holland Publisher, at the Baker/Bethany House Publishing booth on Monday. Albert's company just released Rekindled in the Netherlands. Revealed releases in Dutch this fall, with Remembered following in the spring. (And you can see a picture of Within My Heart, the third Timber Ridge Reflections novel, that releases later this fall, on the right.)

Me with the oh-so-talented writer Wanda Brunstetter
Yesterday I posted a few pictures on Writes of Passage before I boarded the plane to fly home, so click over there if you have a moment. And more pictures coming tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! And what fun it was to see it on the Christy blog the minute it happened!

    We just plotted our vacation and we'll be in Chattanooga in a couple of weeks - wish that were where you were! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda! I heard the Christy blog was fun "to watch."

    Chattanooga is a beautiful place to visit. Have fun! Are you going to the aquarium? I've heard it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...