Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Author by day, cover model by night?

My sweet Dad and I are headed out to Fayetteville, TN this morning (his hometown) to visit relatives and see friends today. It's gorgeous here--fall-like and sunshiny--and I'm really looking forward to the time with him. If I have a chance, I'll post pictures of our escapades this evening, but for now I wanted to share what arrived in the mail this weekend.

The mega "omnibus" of Fountain Creek Chronicles (three books in one volume--Rekindled,Revealed, and Remembered)


The cover is that of Veronique, the heroine in Remembered (Mom's favorite), so it seems appropriate that Bethany House chose that one for the series.

And while I know Bethany House told me they'd hired a model forRemembered's cover...upon closer examination the picture reminds me of someone. Perhaps an author we all know and love? Can you guess who she is (sans umbrella)? ;)

Back later today...

And we're back...with pictures:

Vista around Dellrose, TN where I spent summers with my Uncle Ben and Aunt Lyda

Dinner at Cahoots (the old jail in Fayetteville, TN) with Dad and some of his high school friends (L to R: Ben Hugh and his sweet wife, Melba, Tippy, Peggy, Marilyn, June and Jack, and my dad, Doug)

The gals outside Cahoots (L to R: Peggy, Melba, June, Tippy, me, Marilyn)

Me and Dad (thanks so much for your prayers for him in light of Mom's passing, please keep them coming)

Sunset on the way home. Beautiful day in all...

5 comments:

  1. Debbie Raney right? It looks a little bit like her, but you really have to look close. I have always wondered who models for a book's cover art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great day with your dad and sharing some sweet memories with your friends and relatives.

    The cover made me think of Deeanne Gist's latest book - her daughter was the model for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know her! I made her a quilt...and you are absolutely right, she DOES look exactly like the model!
    You and your family, and especially your Dad are continously in my prayers!
    Miss you so much!
    Hugs,
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Suzi!! I cuddled in your wonderful quilt just last night! It's a favorite (and now that our daughter's off to college, I don't have to fight her for it anymore! LOL!)

    To all: I assure you I'm NOT a cover model by night (or day or any other time!) But I'm flattered that anyone thinks I look like the lovely woman on Tammy's cover. What fun!

    Loved seeing the photos of your trip with your dad, Tammy. Keeping you both in my prayers.

    Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Gilmer9/04/2009 4:01 PM

    Can't wait to get my hands on the three in one Timber Ridge books. I already have the three individuals but I've loaned them out and haven't gotten them back yet. Now I have an excuse to buy them again : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...