Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Photosynthesis and seasons of life


I'm just off the phone with Kelly Long (pictured left) from KREJ Radio in Kansas, and we had a wonderful chat. She coordinates the Proverbs 31 Wannabe Club on that station (which has the most wonderful listeners). Thanks, Kelly, for the interview. It's always a pleasure!

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here in Nashville. The air is crisp and fall-like, perfect for a walk. Despite the fact that 'scientifically speaking' all the plants and trees are preparing to go dormant for the winter--or to "rest"--this time of year is rejuvenating to me. And it's my favorite season by far.

Picture I snapped last November in Atlanta when visiting Mom and Dad. Doesn't a scene like this just beg for a walk? Which is exactly what Jack and I did that day, down this very road. So beautiful!

The barrage of beautiful color that accompanies this season always fascinates me. There's a wonderful website called Science Made Simple and they give the scientific explanation for why this transformation takes place, but the following paragraph from their answer is what jumped out at me.


Small amounts of these colors have been in the leaves all along. We just can't see them in the summer...

I love that! Just as there are seasons to each year, there are seasons in life. And living through the ever-changing seasons of life helps us to appreciate each of them more fully. Each season has its special joys and purposes too, as God intended.

I don't know what season you're in right now (and I'm not talkin' age, ladies), but I'm in a bit of a "winter" stage right now (still, with touches of spring, don't get me wrong). The winter phase is understandable, with Mom's recent passing, and I know I won't be here forever. After all, seasons change. That predictability is one thing you can always count on. Just like the certainty of God's constant presence, whether we can see Him and feel Him or not. His sovereign work in our lives, the coordination of the Master plan, isn't based on our emotions or our circumstances. And aren't we thankful!

I snapped some pics of my office this morning and thought I'd share. But honestly, I think I'll head outside to write today!

And now to continue writing, right after Jack and I go for a walk! I hope there's a touch of fall wherever you are in the world.

4 comments:

  1. I thought you weren't going to post here so commented on the other blog.

    The picture's still pretty.

    And it's still 80 degrees here! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Linda. I got it in queue but never pushed published. Funny how it won't work that way.

    SO wish I could send some of this cool your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I miss you! I have been praying for you every day...and will continue to do so.
    (((((((HUG)))))))
    It is time to make you another quilt with all the covers out for your second series...let's talk! :)
    Love,
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I was hoping to see pictures of "another" room ;) One that is extremely streamlined, crisp and clean... have you seen one of those lately?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...