Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Visiting my Alma Mater

(I posted this on my Tuesday blog on Writes of Passage, but forgot to post it here as well. Too busy writing...and packing!)

I'll be in Searcy, Arkansas this weekend visiting Harding University, my college alma mater. It's Homecoming weekend, and I'm excited to see college friends and walk those once-familiar paths.

I'll be speaking several times and having book signings so it will be a "working" weekend, but also lots of fun. If you're in the area, I'd love see you! Check the Homecoming weekend schedule here.

I made a quick run to WalMart yesterday--well, it wasn't exactly quick, though I did stick to my list--and snapped this picture on my way home...

This snapshot doesn't do the scenery justice. I love fall. It's my favorite time of year. I love the candy corn, the pumpkins, pumpkin pie, yellow and orange mums, the turning of the leaves, caramel apples, caramels wrapped in that thin cellophane that drives Jack nuts, crackling fires in the fireplace...I could go on. But I've got lots of words to write yet today so...off to it!

Wishing I could share my candy corn and caramels (literally, so I'd stop eating them!)...

6 comments:

  1. Sarah Gilmer10/30/2009 7:31 PM

    Go Harding! Most of my friends from church either went to Harding or Libscomb. Both are great schools. I saw earlier in a different picture that you were at GACS in Georgia. Are you a member of the Church of Christ,by chance?

    Fall is great, isn't it? Its by far my favorite. Only, we don't get much of a "fall" in Florida. Its still 90 degrees here : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamera! It was wonderful to meet you on Friday. I loved the time you were able to spend with our group of readers. Your insight into the writing process was wonderful and -- of course -- it's always good to talk books with a fellow reader! I hope the rest of your time on campus was wonderful!

    Oh -- and Go Yea Rah Regina HEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to HS at GACS, Sarah, and they've (very generously) had me back to speak a few times in recent years. Such fun to visit. What's your connection with them? And while I love Florida (my mom was from Panama City), I'm also loving fall in TN.

    Thanks, Lisa, it was SUCH fun to be with you gals on Friday. You're a wild bunch (LOL), and your love for each other--and for the Lord--just radiates! Thanks for sharing that with me. I was blessed to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I lived in Georgia for three years after his job transferred us there...we went to Campus Church of Christ there in Norcross. Do you happen to know a Steven Hayes by chance? He graduated from there also and now is the Varsity Basketball coach at the Mount Dora Christian Home & Bible School in Mount Dora, Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The campus looks beautiful! It must have been wonderful to have such beautiful surroundings to look at every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I know him, Sarah. ?? But HU wasn't that big a place. I bet we knew each other by face.

    And Holly, HU did--and does--have a lovely campus! It was fun to visit there again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...