Friday, November 6, 2009

If this side of eternity is so beautiful...

Can you imagine how breathtaking heaven will be? I snapped these pics just a moment ago. It's the view from our back deck.



Wherever in this world you are, I hope you catch a glimpse today of the boundless beauty and wonder that awaits those who believe and trust in the Lord Jesus.

Besides the Bible (of course), the best book I've ever read on our forever home is a book aptly entitled Heaven by Randy Alcorn. I'm reading it for the third time right now and my hope for what awaits is becoming more real than ever.

Take two minutes and listen to Randy share a little about what God has planned for believers in the life after. This book is easily in my top five all time favorites!

And one more thing...have you heard Carrie Underwood's new song Temporary Home? If not, treat yourself!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, Tammy - - thanks for sharing! We still have some beautiful trees in my area, and just today I was enjoying the gorgeous colors as the sun was shining on them. ~ I am eager to read the book you mentioned. What a glorious thought when we think about how wondrous Heaven will be!!! :)
    Hugs, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tammy,
    Just want you to know that I am thinking of you. I know that you miss your Mom. Weeks after a loved one passing, sometimes people think that you have moved on and are "over" it somehow; not that people are generally insensitive, but they just don't know. I along with many others whose mothers are now with the Lord, know how you feel. How sometimes it grips you like it happened yesterday and seems still hard to believe.
    I just want to encourage you that I along with many I'm sure, are still thinking of and praying for you. That the Lord will give you comfort like only He can; and that He will soothe the emotions that come on you so quickly sometimes. He is FAITHFUL! This I know! Take care my dear friend and know that you are loved.
    His Grace STILL amazes me,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven's promises are indeed sweeter the older I get!

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tennessee is a wonder of God's creation. When I am in the mountains or looking over the rolling green hills of my home, I am amazed that anyone could doubt the power of God.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...