Friday, September 3, 2010

Jesus Calling

CBD.com is a great place to find the latest inspirational reads. And today, they're having a "Friday Special" that's featuring one of my favorite devotional books. It's entitled Jesus Calling (by Sarah Young).

Here's today's entry:

September 3

Let the dew of My Presence refresh your mind and heart. So many, many things vie for your attention in this complex world of instant communication. The world has changed enormously since I first gave command to be still and know that I am God. However, this timeless truth is essential for the well-being of your soul. As dew refreshes grass and flowers during the stillness of the night, so My Presence revitalizes you as you sit quietly with me.


A refreshed revitalized mind is able to sort out what is important and what is not. In its natural condition, your mind easily gets stuck on trivial matters. Like the spinning wheels of a car trapped in mud, the cogs of your brain spin impotently when you focus on a trivial thing. As soon as you start communicating with Me about the matter, your thoughts gain traction and you can move on to more important things. Communicate with me continually, and I will put My thoughts into your mind.


Psalm 46:10; Luke 10:39-42, 1 Corinthians 14:33 (NKJV)

After reading Jesus Calling, I went back to CBD.com and purchased a copy for both of our children, and for my dad too. It's a wonderful encouragement!

Blessings on your weekend. I'm off to write for the day, then to enjoy a relaxing extended weekend with family and friends. I hope you find a moment to refresh your mind and heart in Christ, and to surrender to Him the contents of your heart.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. This definitely sounds like a book I'll have to look into. Thanks :-) Speaking of books - I got The Inheritance from the library this week... I can't wait to read it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss gave me this devotional for Christmas. My husband and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy TI, Megan! And Margie, isn't Jesus Calling great? It's amazing how "timely" the daily messages are in my life. A God thing..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...