Sunday, March 27, 2011

2011 Rita Finalists announced

Congrats to all the 2011 RITA Finalists for Inspirational Romance! I'm honored to have Within My Heart listed among them. Writing Within My Heart came at a difficult time in my life, while Mom was struggling with cancer (and then after she passed), and many of our last moments and conversations made their way into these pages. So Within My Heart was both a precious and yet especially hard-to-write story.

Mom was with me in Dallas in 2007 when I won my first RITA for Revealed (didn't she look pretty in pink!), so finaling with Within My Heart  this year feels like coming full circle, in a way. I'll be attending the RWA Conference in NYC at the end of June (with my daughter Kelsey!) and hope to see many of the other finalists there and at the RITA award ceremony.

Check out the other finalists, clicking on the title to be taken to the link for that book. And if there's one you haven't read yet, why not download the FREE Kindle Sample of those books (remember, you don't have to own a Kindle to read Kindle books, just download the software), and check out some of these wonderful authors.

      • A Convenient Wife by Anna Schmidt (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical; Tina James, editor)
      • Doctor in Petticoats by Mary Connealy (Barbour Publishing; Rebecca Germany, editor)
      • Finding Her Way Home by Linda Goodnight (Steeple Hill Love Inspired; Allison Lyons, editor)
      • In Harm's Way by Irene Hannon (Revell; Jennifer Leep, editor)
      • Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist (Bethany House Publishers; David Long and Julie Klassen, editors)
      • Shades of Morning by Marlo M. Schalesky (WaterBrook Multnomah; Shannon Marchese, editor)
      • The Wedding Garden by Linda Goodnight (Steeple Hill Love Inspired; Allison Lyons, editor)
      • Whisper on the Wind by Maureen Lang (Tyndale House Publishers; Stephanie Broene, editor)
      • Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander (Bethany House Publishers; Karen Schurrer and Charlene Patterson, editors)

6 comments:

  1. What a blessing to nominated for the RITA, especially for this book so dear to your heart. I wrote my debut novel (releasing in Jan. '12)in the midst of my stepdad's cancer and passing away. Very difficult to do, but he is also very much a part of the book as I often consulted him on details. That is a precious picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo happy for you, sweet Tammy, and feel certain your precious Mom is smiling down from Heaven--feeling so proud of her wonderful daughter! That's such a special picture of the two of you (and YES! She looks very pretty in that pink!). ~ How FUN that Kelsey is going to the conference in NYC with you! My daughter Amy has been with me to 2 conferences, and we had a blast together! ~ Congrats again! Love, Patti Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO fantastic, Tammy! I was so thrilled (and still am!) for you, this book deserves this award- it's still my favorite by you.

    I gave it to my mom to read (she's read all yours too) and her only complaint: it's hard to cry when your exercising. ;-) She told me several times how much she liked it. :)

    I'll be holding my breath until that award is given. I'm hoping it's to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, gals! Wish we could be sharing a cup of coffee or hot tea, sitting across the table and chatting this morning. Appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the RITA nomination! Within My Heart was fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! I've loved all of your books and Within My Heart was no exception. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...