Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bookmarks, Bookplates, and Belle Meade Carrot Cake

Photo: In To Whisper Her Name, the head cook at Belle Meade makes a to die for Carrot Cake! I'll send you the recipe (and a signed bookplate) when you request To Whisper Her Name bookmarks...

Send a SASE (a #10 business envelope, often called a "legal size" envelope) to the address below, and I'll send you a signed bookplate to place in your copy of To Whisper Her Name when it arrives. I'll include a couple of bookmarks too. One for you and one for a friend! Just send your SASE to:

Tamera Alexander
TWHN Bookmarks
P.O. Box 871
Brentwood, TN 37024

I'll also include a recipe card for this scrumptious cake that's included in this story too. Maybe you can make it for you and your book club if you choose to read TWHN together. 

And don't forget, I'd love to Skype or FaceTime with your book club when you meet this fall. Contact me, and we'll get the date set up!  More details on Virtual Book Club Visits at this link: 
http://www.tameraalexander.com/contact.html

In To Whisper Her Name, the head cook at Belle Meade makes a "to die for" Carrot Cake! I'll send you the recipe (and a signed bookplate) when you request To Whisper Her Name bookmarks...

Send a SASE (a #10 business envelope, often called a "legal size" envelope) to the address below, and I'll send you a signed bookplate to place in your copy of To Whisper Her Name when it arrives. I'll include a co
uple of bookmarks too. One for you and one for a friend! 

Send your SASE to:

Tamera Alexander
TWHN Bookmarks
P.O. Box 871
Brentwood, TN 37024


I'll also include a recipe card for this scrumptious cake that's included in this story too. Maybe you can make it for you and your book club if you choose to read To Whisper Her Name together.

And don't forget, I'd love to Skype or FaceTime with your book club when you meet this fall. Contact me, and we'll get the date set up! More details on Virtual Book Club Visits here. 

This recipe (an Alexander family favorite) makes three 8- or 9-inch cakes. Or you can make it in a 13x9 dish and serve warm with the cream cheese frosting "slathered" over. I love it both ways! And don't you just love the word "slathered?" Especially when it comes to cream cheese frosting...






I use parchment on the bottom of my pans with this recipe because the cake is so moist and dense. Peels off like a breeze while the cake is still warm.





And I love this little baker's trick of slipping parchment paper beneath the cake in order to keep the plate or cake stand clean. Then you can lick the frosting off the paper! Just sayin'...


Almost done... Just remove the parchment paper and...




Voila! All done. I love this recipe because it's a "one bowl" cake. Just dump everything in and mix.


If you'd like bookmarks and a signed bookplate for your copy of To Whisper Her Name that starts arriving in bookstores mid-to-late October, just follow the instructions above.





This cake is so easy to make. And so good! Hope you enjoy it! Just send me a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) and I'll send you two TWHN bookmarks (one for you and one to share), a signed bookplate for your book, and the recipe for Belle Meade Carrot Cake. Delicious! 



3 comments:

  1. That looks sooo scrumptious! I bet it makes the house smell wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamera!!

    My sister is celebrating her birthday today and she wants to make your carrot cake, I thought that I had your recipe but I can't find it... Would you please send it to me so soon as possible??!

    I will send you an e-mail soon, sorry it's been so long ago.

    Hope your doing wel, With all my love, Carine

    carinebijl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carine! I responded to your email earlier today but you can find the recipe on my website here:

    http://www.tameraalexander.com/recipes.html

    Happy Birthday to your sister and I hope your cake is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...