Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Life In Pictures



Quick…what are the last three pictures you took with your phone?


If you're like me, you take a lot of pictures. Of stuff. Of people. Of events. Of nature. Of food. I have no idea why I love taking pictures of food, but there you are.

I thought it would be fun to share what LAST THREE PHOTOS  you've taken on your phone (or camera). Except I'm going to share 11 because… Well, just because. See if we have any in common (only not too much in common, I hope, unless you're a stalker).


Banana Bread I made last week. So good!


White Wine Chicken Pot Pie at The Harding House (be still my heart)
Belle Meade Plantation, setting of To Whisper Her Name



Lovely gals from Nashville who read To Whisper Her Name
We met at Belle Meade for lunch and girl talk. Such fun! 


My daughter and I were making faces at each other while texting. 
Don't ask me why...


And again, please do not ask me why
(I look like this a lot of the time, she tells me)


With Reading Rock Books owners Laura Hill (mgr and buyer) and Amy Jernigan (bookkeeper) at a booksigning last week. What great people, a great bookstore, and wonderful town! 



With Catherine DaCosta, a WoP buddy, who drove over to Dickson for the evening. Great to see you and that precious "baby bump," Catherine. You look mah-velous!



With reader friends Marty and Diana after the chat. Such gracious women. 
Wish I'd gotten a picture of the whole group, but once we I started talking and laughing, I spaced it.



With Katie Bond, the Director of Marketing and Publicity Fiction at Harper Collins Christian Publishing (Thomas Nelson and Zondervan). I really enjoyed the drive with Katie to Dickson and back to Nashville. We talked marketing, business, and life. What a fabulous woman...who is fabulous at what she does! I'm so blessed with my writing teams.



Katie brought me a Diet DP for our trip to Dickson. So sweet! I didn't drink it all that night so froze it the next morning and drank it slushy. (And, of course, I had to take a picture of it to thank her properly.)


A pic I snapped while Jack and I were walking last week. People have asked if this was Instagramed. Nope, it's all God!


Now it's your turn! What are the last three pictures you're captured? And what do you most like to photograph?



8 comments:

  1. Going from oldest to newest picture, there is one of my three young friends (ages 15, 13, and 8) when they came over to work later this summer and it was such a hot day they ended up in the pool, lol. They bunched together by a floaty for me. The 8 y.o. is still learning to swim so she is in a round floaty wearing goggles.

    The next one is of my niece dog, Zoey (a Shiztu Poodle) when we took a walk. We ended up at the old cemetery and I got a picture of her sitting next to someone's headstone(the words are worn off now) watching the road and looking around. I think this was the most still she has ever been on a walk/adventure from home. I think she likes the cemetery!

    The newest picture is of a friend's four month old baby. I was babysitting him and he kept refusing to sleep. Every time I would carry and rock him he would start to fall asleep and when I would try to put him down he would wake right up. He finally fell asleep and started snoring. It was so adorable. I took the picture for proof that he did sleep- for two minutes, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love these glimpses, friend! And Zoey and I would get along well! I love cemeteries, too. LOL on the 2 minutes! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I don't have a cell phone,so no pics, sorry! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Mippy. Love your name, btw! : )

      Delete
  3. The last three pics on my phone are of the cute kids in my nursery class Sunday morning... the little boy's pants weren't staying up very well and looked like he was trying to be "trendy" and show off his "underwear"(diaper)... LOL. Before that was a random pic of a moth that had gotten in the truck and was sitting on the dash with it's wings spread open...it had some pretty markings on it, hence the picture. Before that was a picture of the side of the road of some of those red surprise flowers that pop up with just a long stem and the flower on top ... I love those! And before that is some pictures of the sunrise the other day ... I love sky pictures! And I could go on and on. Yep, I take a lot of pics too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the "trendy" comment. Too funny. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. Love your pictures! (Mmmmmm, there's not many things that taste better than good banana bread). The last three pictures? Each of the whimsical fall setting on our land. If only I had gotten to this earlier, it would've been little girls in twirly dresses and covered in leaves! :)

    -Grace
    (By the way--one of these days I'm going to pick up A Lasting Impression. It looks phenomenal!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the "little girls in twirly dresses and covered in leaves," Grace. Beautiful mental image! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...