Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God's Waiting Room

This was our patriotic Father's Day dessert. And it was delicious!


Have you ever been in God's waiting room, and didn't particularly like being there? If, like me, your answer is yes, then you'll identify with this past Sunday's message at our church. We've been studying The Flood (from the book of Genesis), and I was given "fresh perspective" this week of what it's like to be in God's waiting room.

To view the message, click herethen click on "watch" for The Flood Pt 2, then "scan ahead" to the 31:00 minute mark, and get ready. You might also want to take a quick peek at Genesis 7:10...


I was reminded that waiting seems to be as normal to Biblical faith as "doing"...yet waiting is often the most difficult "faith task." As we see in the account of The Flood, for seven days and nights, after God closed the door of the ark, mind you...Noah, his wife, their sons and their wives waited for the rains. Do you think it was easier for Noah to build the ark? or to wait for the rain once they were closed up inside the ark?

If I'd been on the ark during those seven days, I'm ashamed to admit it but I probably would have started to question whether Noah had heard God right. Maybe he'd misunderstood. Just a little. Because nothing was happening. No rain. Not. A. Single. Drop.

Do you think Abraham ever questioned God when God promised him a son...and yet didn't deliver on that promise for 25 years? What about when God promised David that David would be king, yet didn't tell him that it would be 20 years before he would take the throne? And what about Jesus promising Paul that Paul would take the message of the gospel to the Gentiles...after another 12 or 14 years.

Are you in God's waiting room in a certain area(s) of your life right now? Do you feel as though you're hanging in the balance, waiting for God to either fulfill a promise or reveal his will? If yes, you're not alone. You're in good company. And I'm right there alongside you. And, more importantly, so is God, who said, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you, Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

Continued blessings, friends.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...