Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Praying from Present Moments

Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His PresenceToday's reading from Jesus Calling (excellent book, highly recommended) touched me on a level that only the most skilled Physician's touch could. I hope it blesses you too…

February 22

YOU NEED ME EVERY MOMENT. Your awareness of your constant need for Me is your greatest strength. Your neediness, properly handled, is a link to My Presence. However, there are pitfalls that you must be on guard against: self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up. Your inadequacy presents you with a continual choice––deep dependence on Me, or despair. The emptiness you feel within will be filled either with problems or with My Presence. Make Me central in your consciousness by praying continually: short prayers flowing out of the present moment. Use My Name liberally, to remind you of My Presence. Keep on asking and you will receive, so that your gladness may be full and complete.

I know why the above passage spoke so much to me. My word for 2011 is empowered, and it comes from this familiar verse:

"I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency.]
Philippians 4:13 (Amplified Bible)

I appreciate that our neediness can be a link to His Presence. And that our inadequacy can lead us to a deeper dependence on Christ. If I didn't know better, I'd almost think He was saying that when we're weak, then we're strong. [Gotta love 2 Corinthians 12:10!]

Praying out of the present moment, and still editing and working toward THE END on this next book...

3 comments:

  1. So very excited and can't wait to read your next book. My husband and I have just finished "Within My Heart" and it is we feel the very best book. Your writing so makes all th characters come alive. We also would like to see you write an addition to that series because there are so many characters to build on. He reads about 30 books a month so this kind of statement about a book is very special. We have now read all your books and have many of the brothers and sisters where we attend church reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, Dot, for your note. Thank you (and your husband) for the kind words about Within My Heart. Though WMH was an especially hard book to write, it holds such special memories, and scenes, for me. And makes me long for Heaven even more. Glad we're on this journey together, and thank you for the "word of mouth" you both give my books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you said in your profile too, Dot. God is so good...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...