Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Grand Trip, all in all

Me with Alicia (and Chip and Cougar)
Last Monday, Joe and I made a very quick trip up to Grand Rapids, Michigan where we met with the folks at Zondervan who are publishing my Belle Meade Plantation series. It was great to see both friends I'd made before and to meet some new ones.

Alicia Mey, the Marketing Director, lives at Dream Acres (don't you love the name!) and has horses on her property. So of course, we had to feed and love on them. I'd forgotten what it feels like to have a horse eat from your hand. A very "nubby" feeling, like they're gumming you to death.

Joe with Cougar

Chip and Cougar, the horses, were very gentle, and I was surprised to learn that Chip's lineage can be traced back to Belle Meade. Cool!

We had dinner that night at a wonderful place called Brewery Vivant, but of course I forgot to take pictures of that delicious meal. I was too busy chatting, I guess. But not to worry (Judy), I enjoyed something equally delicious the next day!

Joe and me (it was really fun to have some 
extra time with him)

The next morning, I had the honor of speaking to the entire sales staff, and I really enjoyed the time to share with them about what God has been teaching me––and continues to––about surrendering to Him. Considering how long the two of us have been working on this theme in my life, you'd think I'd be farther along by now. But I'm fairly sure that has more to do with me than with Him. : {





With Sue Brower,
my editor at Zondervan 

Becky Philpott (Associate Acquisitions Editor), Andrea Lyons (Director, Digital Marketing),
 Michelle Lenger (Art/Cover Design), and me at the Twisted Rooster for lunch


Becky, me, Michelle, and Andrea again


And this fabulous bowl of warm, gushy love is a signature dish at the Twisted Rooster...
Lobster Mac & Cheese with Fried Parmesan (Oh. My. Gracious. De-licious!!) 


Joyce and me
And last, but certainly not least, is Joyce Ondersma who helped shuttle us around while we were there and got us to the airport on time! She's the Director of Author Care at Zondervan, and let me tell ya... The woman is good at what she does! She's been with Zondervan for twenty-seven years, and I'm fairly certain the place could not run without her.

A glimpse out the window on our way home. So pretty...

Jack
Finally, this was the sweet little face waiting for us when we got home. It was great to get back and quickly jump into the swing of things again.

I'm writing basically 24/7 these days, but I'm grateful to have the opportunity to write, and I'm thrilled to share my next cover with you (albeit, it's a cover still in progress). To Whisper Her Name releases in November…






I'm off to VOTE this morning. I hope you'll do the same too, if you're able, and that you'll join me in praying for our country today.

Blessings on your Tuesday, 
Tammy

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a phenomenal trip! Such fun. Get those words on paper! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun trip! It's always nice to get away, but it's also nice to be home. "Director of Author Care" sounds like a fun job! I didn't know there was actually a position like that. : ) I was also impressed that you had an opportunity to share about what God is teaching you. What a great opportunity. Hope the writing continues to go well! I'm trying to wrap everything up over the next few weeks here...haircuts (and some much needed color for me! :D), cleaning carpets, baby shower, and any last minute cleaning! Blessings to you! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stacey! Praying for that sweet one that's coming soon, and I'm impressed at all you're getting done, woman. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Loved seeing the pictures of MI Tamera.....and the gals from Zondervan look like such a fun group. I'm guessing you flew into Grand Rapids, that looked a bit smaller than Detroit Metro Airport! :) You looked at home with those horses; considering your books with the Western themes. It was nice to see you are with Zondervan in this series. I'm amazed at the different publishers that are so closely associated.
    Thanks for sharing your pics...
    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is dr.midnight from United States. I wish to
    share my testimony with the general public about
    A great spell caster called (Dr.midnight5@gmail.com) have done for me,
    this temple
    have just brought back my lost ex
    lover to me with their great spell work, I was dating this man called
    Steven we were together for a long
    time and we loved our self's but when I was unable
    to give him a male child for 5 years he left me and told
    me he can not continue anymore then I was now
    looking for ways to get him back and also get pregnant, until a friend
    of mine told me about this temple and gave me their contact email,
    then you will not believe this when I contacted them on my problems they
    prepared the items and cast the spell for me and bring my lost husband
    back, and after a month I missed my monthly flow and go for a test and
    the result stated that i was pregnant, am happy today am a mother of
    a set of twins a boy and a girl, i thank the temple once again for
    what they have done for me, if you are out there passing through any
    of this problems you can contact this great Dr for help listed below:
    Contact them ... (drmidnight5@gmail.com) or whatsapp them on +2347037137208

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...