Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Who's that cookin' in the kitchen?

Just in case you missed it on Writes of Passage yesterday.... 

As I was sitting with Tricia Yearwood on her front porch a while back, I told her, "Honey, you're a fabulous cook! You really ought to have your own cooking show." She wasn't sure she could pull it off, but I assured her that she was a real live woman and that she could do it! So…we put our heads together and voila! Her very own cooking show premieres this Saturday!

Okay…all right…no, I don't know Tricia. But I've seen her in concert. Twice. LOL. Does that count? : )  I've loved her music for years and am really looking forward to watching her new show too. Here's the scoop on it, if you're interested! Oh, and she forgot to use the picture of me with her on the porch on that website (like she said she would). Bless her heart, she's so forgetful.

This past Saturday (for real), my daughter Kelsey and I attended the Viking Cooking School in Franklin and cooked food from The Help. It was such fun!

We made fried chicken, homemade mac n' cheese, biscuits, cornbread, and collard greens with bacon and onion. Delish! Oh, and we had Caramel Cake for dessert. No, we did not make Minnie's Pie! But we got a recipe for it. : )



And finally, may I have a drum roll please…

The winners of the books from last week's Writes of Passage post are:

Teri wins A Wedding Transpires by Cara Putman
and
Pam K. wins Echoes of Titanic by Mindy Starns Clark and John Campbell Clark
Ladies, if you'll click here and send me your snail mail, I'll get each of your books in the mail! 

Thanks to everyone for entering the giveaway on Writes of Passage. I read through your comments on that post again last night (about what you're "keeping to the side") and prayed for you. So glad we're in this together.

So tell me, do you watch cooking shows? I do! As you probably know, I'm a faithful follower of Southern Plate (Christy Jordan) and several other food blogs. I also love the Food Network.

I'd love to know…what's your favorite cooking show?

Blessings, friends,
Tammy

P.S. Jack's busy helping me write by "being quiet." Can't you tell?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...