Monday, May 14, 2012

God's timing

Glimpse of spring in Nashville
Something God has written on my heart in recent years is that "Every 'No' along the way is really part of His final 'Yes!' when His perfect timing is reached."

Are you waiting on something today? Hoping for something to happen this week? Been told 'No' so many times you're sure this "something" is never going to happen? Lay your dream, your requests before the Lord in prayer today, and then WATCH with gratitude as he reveals his plan. His timing is never slow, his march is never off the beat.

And never doubt: there's nothing better than being centered right smack in the middle of his will for your life. And nothing more miserable than being outside of it.

So tell me, are YOU waiting on something today? Does God's timing ever feel slow?

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you and Dan Walsh are all over me about this! LOL This is exactly what he wrote about in his blog and as a guest post on my blog the other day.

    Waiting on His timing is always hard. I'm always SO sure I know exactly what is best. Until He always proves me wrong.

    Gorgeous picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the Holy Spirit at work! : )

    Appreciate you, and looking forward to seeing you in Orlando at ICRS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had to wait on God's timing more times than I can count, but one occasion in particular stands out in my memory. I made a commitment to missionary service when I was 16. For the next 18 yrs. there were several occasions when I thought the time was right, but God said not yet. I was 34 when we arrived on the mission field, and it didn't take me long to realize I would have never made it if we'd gone sooner.

    I believe it's like that most times when God calls us to a specific task. The call is only the beginning, and then come the years of preparation. Problem is we often think we're ready long before we actually are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thoughts, Teri. And wisdom! Thanks for sharing. So grateful God's in control...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW--I sure needed this post, Tammy. VERY timely for me, sweet friend. Hugs, Patti Jo
    p.s. Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right...God IS in control. But it's so hard for me to let go of the control sometimes. I have a nodule (growth) on my thyroid and I've had to keep waiting to see a doctor to know what's going on. It's so hard to wait on things like that! I just want to take care of this and move on. While waiting, I should be spending time in prayer and growing closer to the Lord, but instead I spend of lot of it worrying and thinking about the "what ifs". I'd appreciate your prayers! This post just reminds me that even though things are out of my hands, they're always in God's hands. God bless~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tamera, thank you for this post. Beautiful words from God's heart to your's to ours - the motion of mercy :-)

    I was listening to a new song by Bethany Dillion the other day and a line that has stayed with me says, "You can do more in my waiting than in my doing I could do." Amen!

    Hope you had a good Mother's Day :-)

    Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...