Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happenstance? Nah...


You know how some things happen and you think, "Oh my word…that's just what I needed!" Well, that happened for me recently. Yet I wouldn't call it happenstance…

Esta, my dad's sweet wife of almost a year now (and we're growing to love her more each day) and I were talking when I noticed a book on her shelf. I asked her about it and she said, "Oh, my sister gave that to me years ago. You're welcome to borrow it."

I picked it up and started reading… The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden. And it's just what I needed right now as I'm writing the second book in the Belmont series. 

It's a facsimile reproduction of a naturalist's diary for the year 1906. It's Edith Holden's words, in her own writing, with her own drawings. Beautiful. Such a treasure! 


Esta encouraged me to borrow her copy from her sister, but....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...