Friday, August 10, 2012

A Reader Note...


Received this note today from dear reader friend, Laura McKnight (waving to you, Laura!), and it made me smile big time. I love hearing from y'all after you've read one of my books. Can't tell you what it means to me. And I especially loved Laura's honest comment about not wanting to move on from the Colorado books to the Southern books...

"Hi Tamera, I just wanted to tell you how very much I love your writing! I discovered you back in February of 2008, when I first read REKINDLED. I was hooked, and felt like I personally knew each of your characters, and was always left wanting more. I have read each series, & fallen in love with the Colorado mountains as a result. 

I have to admit, I was hesitant to read A LASTING IMPRESSION, and just left it sitting on my bedside for months. I didn't want to move onto a new series, I didn't want to leave the Colorado people. Imagine my surprise when a little paragraph included [name of character removed for those who haven't read ALI yet!], I about screamed with delight, lol. I love how you include characters from past books! Keep on writing for Him, and we'll keep enjoying the fruits of your creativity! God bless you, Tamera! Can't wait for November & TO WHISPER HER NAME!"

Thanks again, Laura, for your note today! And I want to share that it was actually *my husband's idea* to put a character from another novel (or series) in each one of my subsequent books, starting with the first one, REKINDLED.

So in every book, you see a glimpse (if you're looking closely and have read all my other books) of a character from another book. If you haven't read that specific book (where that character appears), then you'll read right over it (as you should) and not even notice. But if you HAVE read that specific book, then you'll catch a glimpse of a past character...and hopefully, a friend!

These connections with y'all make writing extra rewarding! I'm so grateful to you for reading and that we're sharing this journey.

Now back to reading and researching...


I snapped this picture last night of flowers in our neighborhood as Jack and I were on a walk. So pretty!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...