Tuesday, December 18, 2012

After the storm


Do you snap pictures when you go for walks? I do. I love snapping pictures with my phone. I rarely use a "real" camera anymore. My phone captures pretty decent images and since I'm a novice at photography anyway, that suits me just fine.

Here are some pictures I took while on walks with Jack over the past few days...







Finally, here's one from last evening. I took it after a storm...


It thundered and lightninged like nobody's business yesterday afternoon, but then the skies began to clear off. And as I was walking, talking to my dad on the phone while Jack was stopping every two seconds to mark every blade of grass (!!), I stopped and took this picture. It so exemplifies my own mixture of feelings since last Friday morning.

I have no personal connection to the people of Newtown, Connecticut. Yet I feel a very close and personal connection to them. Like you do, I'm sure. Their tragic loss has touched us all, and our nation will never be the same. At least I pray we won't be. I pray we'll be a nation more focused on the Creator. 

The One who, as Jeremiah 51:16 states, "when he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar. He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth. He sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses." 

Our great God can bring good from the most horrible situations. And he knows what it's like to lose a child, so he can comfort these families––as he comforts us––with peace that passes human understanding. Like the calm after a storm. Thank you, Lord!

And now, a quick question…

A couple of weeks ago on Writes of Passage I asked what everyone's "shutter love" was. Many of you answered doors and pathway pics. I love those too. But tell me, what's the LAST PICTURE YOU TOOK WITH YOUR PHONE (or camera)? And no cheating.  Just look on there and tell me. Here's mine. : )

Jack, "plumb dry" from his walk

Much love friends, and when you see a teacher…hug them!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Tamera! I am just about 50 pages away from finishing "To Whisper Her Name", and I can hardly put it down! Wonderful book!!

    The last picture I took with my phone was of my sweet daughter, Lydia, holding her trophy for being the High Point Swimmer at a recent swim meet. I love to watch her fly through the water! I have been giving her lots of extra hugs and kisses these past few days. My heart hurts for those in Connecticut, and I continue to pray for them. Blessings on you and your family!

    Greetings from your alma mater -- come see us again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture I took with my camera was a group of feather clips from my mom's store. I take care of her website so that picture was for her products page. The last picture I took using my phone was all black. You'd think with a flip phone and having it for 2 years, I would not take pocket pictures anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you, Lora! Wonderful to "read along with you" in my mind as you finishTWHN. And I love your description of your picture and your daughter. Hug her for me too! I've been hugging MY children more these last days and they're 25 and 23! But they're always, always our children, aren't they...

    LOL at the pocket pics, Freddikb! Too funny. Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your post I was curious about what the last picture I took was : ). My sweet little 5 year old dressed in her pretty ivory dress she wore as a wedding reception "helper" last weekend and then to the Nutcracker. She's in Kindergarten and thinking of those precious little ones in CT that were her age...I can't imagine the grief these parents are going through. Along with all the little survivors who are traumatized by it all. We've been praying for them. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures! Love and blessings~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that mental pic of your daughter, Stacey. And what great memories of attending the Nutcracker too. Blessings on you, friend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning dear Tamera, I too love to take pictures of storms, and flowers and my dear puppy Tiny, thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, hope you have a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring you lots of love, joy and happiness, God bless, hugs and prayers always,

    ReplyDelete
  7. My last pictures were a series of mushrooms (yes!) that had sprung up in our pine woods. Some huge, some tiny, but all just amazing.

    Your photos are lovely, especially that "after the storm" shot.

    The woods are such a balm for wounded spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...