Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Beauty So Rare Photo Shoot, Pt 1

I always love seeing "behind the scenes" glimpses of novel covers, so figure you might, too. 


Here are some behind the scenes pics of the photo shoot Bethany House Publishers coordinated for the cover of my next novel, A Beauty So Rare, the second Belmont Mansion novel that releases April 2014.

In the make up chair


Next, the hair


Camera ready!

Back shot of hair

Don't you wish we all still wore these? NOT!

Talk about layers!

Next, the dress...



Finally, the model all dressed and ready, with the incredibly talented
Paul Higdon, Art Director at Bethany House Publishers


Can you tell me what you like most about a cover? Do you like seeing the heroine? The hero? The landscape? Different strokes for different folks, I realize. But I'm curious what a "favorite cover" for you looks like. 


(View Pt 2 of this blog post)



8 comments:

  1. I loved this post. Thanks for sharing! I think the making of book covers is so interesting.

    I tend to like a cover with the heroine as the main focus. :)
    Your new cover looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather. I like seeing the heroine too!

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! I always wanted to know how they did the photo shoots for the book covers. I think it would an amazing experience.

    The dress is awesome, the model is beautiful,and the cover is just fantastic!! Bethany House certainly does do a wonderful job! I do prefer to see the heroine on the cover, I do like to see a glimpse of the hero in the background, depending on the book. ;)

    I always wondered how they choose the model. Is it somebody that works at Bethany House?

    Your Friend,
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bailey! Great to "see" you! The model is from a local modeling agency, is my understanding. BHP does do a good job on covers, don't they. Hugs to you and your family.

      Delete
  3. I like seeing the heroine on the cover. I prefer covers without the hero on it or ones that the hero is in the background because I prefer to picture the hero as I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the hero, Carissa. The heroine I like, but the hero I want to picture on my own. ; )

      Delete
  4. Your book covers are always the greatest. I like seeing the heroine. We need to see her, but the hero's features don't need to be seen. His image is probably unique and different with each reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I wore an even bigger hoopskirt under my wedding dress. They are fun for a day but glad we don't wear them daily!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...