Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Catching up!


Things have been a bit crazy recently. But a "good" crazy. :)

Remember when I mentioned that I'd be writing a "stand alone" historical for Thomas Nelson Publishers? Well, last week I went to meet everyone at their offices here in Nashville. I'm excited about working with them and writing this book for the Women of Faith fiction line. After our meeting, members of the editorial staff treated me to lunch and we had a marvelous time talking "writing," laughing, and getting to know one another.


Above is a pic we snapped afterwards. From L to R in the picture above, starting with top row: Natalie Hanemann, Becky Monds, Ami McConnell, and me.


Final edits are DONE for From a Distance!! Whew! SO nice to be at this stage with another book, and a HUGE thank you goes out to Karen, my editor at Bethany House. She's a dream to work with and I so appreciate all her work and the wonderful ways she finds to make my writing so much better than it would ever be on its own.

Now back to writing the historical mentioned above, plus I've been brainstorming Book 2 in Timber Ridge Reflections (still don't have a title for that one yet, but will soon!).

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your update, Tamera...and I know you must be excited about your new books! Okay, I'll admit....I was getting a little worried when you hadn't posted in a while...was hoping no one was sick (parents, kids, Jack,etc.).
    Blessings, Patti
    Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your site but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Rekindled and Remembered. I thought those were stand-alone books so I was excited when you referred to characters in your first book. Now I just need to go back and read your second one in this series. I cannot tell you how good your books are! I've always enjoyed Karen Kingsbury's books but I must say that I enjoy yours the most. Keep up the great work! It's wonderful to read such clean, interesting Christian fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Patti, I've not been sick (where's wood to knock on!), just a bit busy. But everyone around me has been sick!

    My sweet sister-in-law (who just moved in four houses down from us with her hubby and two young kiddos last month), has had the "real flu." My husband and I ran to get them groceries from Publix the other day but we left the bags in the garage by the back door, knocked, and then ran for our lives! ;) I'm trying hard to NOT get sick (can you tell)!

    So glad you like the cover of FAD, Ami. During cover design, I turned in a picture of a dress to Bethany House and said I'd love to "see something like this." Well, Bethany House commissioned a dress be made to spec! I was floored, and very pleased with the results, and grateful to them.

    Larrie, bless you for those words of encouragment, friend. I admire KK's work so appreciate that comparison! Made my day! ;)

    Now, off to work...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...