Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Bundles--and scents!

Saw this video this morning and it gave me a smile. Makes me want to go hug Jack!


So…are any of you expecting––or giving ––a Christmas bundle like this this year? So fun!

I'm busy writing today, working toward "The End" of the first draft of my next novel. Still a long ways to go but I'm getting there. It's an overcast, chilly day here in Nashville, the house is quiet, and I'm off to build a fire in the keeping room, and hoping to finish a chapter today and write another. High hopes for this "not fast" writer.

I'm putting some simmering spice on the stove too. Love the way that makes my house smell. Mmmmm..... Do you have a favorite simmering spice recipe? Here's the one I'm using, and it makes the house smell as if you've been baking up a storm (whether you have or not).

Cozy Christmas Scent
3 (4-inch) cinnamon sticks
3 bay leaves
1/4 cup whole cloves
1/2 lemon, halved
1/2 orange, halved
1 qt water

Combine all ingredients in a tea kettle or 1 or 2 quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer as long as desired. Check often and add water as needed. Mixture may be stored in refrigerator for several days. Enjoy! (Now off to eat the other half of that orange. And the lemon? It's destined for some sweet iced tea in one of these special glasses.)

Warm Christmas wishes from my corner of Nashville,
Tammy

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Tammy! I kept tearing up on the video! Too sweet! No, no bundles like that for us this year, but I look forward to the day I can surprise Erik with one :-) Have a wonderful time with your family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet video. Thanks for sharing.

    Got a dog for my husband two Christmases ago, but now he's more my dog than Joe's. In fact, even as I write this he is fighting for space with my computer in my lap. He weighs 35 lbs (a basset/dachshund mix), but he thinks he's a lap dog. :)

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Catherine! I did too. So sweet. And LOL, Teri, a 35 lb lab dog! How funny. Let's get cozy, huh? : )

    Blessings on your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Tammy, thank you for this beautiful,heart wrenching video, I did indeed cry. I lost my baby over a yr ago a wee little tea cup poodle someone had thru out along the side of our road, he was a wonderful friend and companion, and I miss him still, and I adopted another sweet baby Tiny, a little toy poodle from a puppy mill in Jan of this yr. but he is very skitterish about being touched, but he is finally letting me hold him, and is becoming very special to me.. and I have a beautiful blonde cocker spaniel, Snuggles who I have had since 2005 he is a spoiled old thing but knows when I am seizurely in a second and loves being held and loved on, so I am equally bless with the love of my dear babies.. thank you for sharing this with me.. Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas my precious friend.. hugs and prayers always

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video was so cute! We're not having any puppy moments at our house either...my daughter is allergic to dogs and cats : (. At least we can come to my Mom's and play with hers...2 chihuahua's and a collie whose name is Jackson (they actually bought him in Nashville and named him after Andrew Jackson...they loved touring his home!). The Christmas scent stuff sounds nice! I love those spicy smells. Today I'm making chicken enchilada dip (delish!) for our annual Christmas Eve bash with family. Can't wait...good food, games, laughter, and fellowship will be in full effect! Merry Christmas! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marti, bless you, friend, on the loss of your sweet poodle last year. Tiny and Snuggles (what great names!) sound precious too. We grow so close to our pets, don't we?

    And Stacey, I understand the allergic bit. My daughter and I are allergic to cats and dogs too. Jack is a silky terrier. One of the very few truly hypoallergenic dogs. They have hair not fur, so therefore no problem with the usual "dog fur/dander" issue. And we love him! Your chicken enchilada dip sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...